My Favorite Homemade French Toast
My favorite meal of the day is definitely breakfast! Ever since I can remember, the smell of my grandma's french toast in the morning has made my mouth water. Growing up, my mom and I used to make it on the weekends, but as I got older and busier, along with trying to maintain a healthy diet, it is a special occasion when we whip up this rich and flavorful treat for breakfast (or at anytime of the day in my book!) What you'll need:
- 2 slices bread of your choice (I used Challah bread in the photo)
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup of Milk (I used non-fat)
- 1/2 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- Couple shakes of cinnamon
- Coconut oil, butter to grease pan
- Use a non-stick griddle pan and set your flame to medium.
- Mix eggs, milk, vanilla, and cinnamon together.
- Spray/grease pan.
- Submerge the two pieces of bread in the egg batter and place on pan.
- Flip once bottom side is golden brown. Remove toast after browning the other side.
- Once you have put your toast on your plate, garnish it with powdered sugar, syrup, and berries of your choice. Voila!
What do you think? Comment below :)