Whether I am in the car or just on the go, I might not be able to eat a full meal. But I am always hungry (literally), so I make sure to have some snacks with me! Here is a list of my favorite, healthy, and filling snacks:
- I love a banana, the carbs provide me with some fuel.
- One or two hard-boiled eggs with some lemon pepper are great when I need some quick protein (they stay good up to a week!)
- I'm addicted to Perfect Bars! I love the Carob Chip Flavor and the Peanut Butter Flavor. They taste like peanut butter and honey which makes me happy!
- Fage Non-Fat Greek Yogurt and honey is another favorite of mine and they are super easy to find in your local market or coffee shop!
- An apple is an easy, fiber-full snack!
- I love cheese, so string cheese is another go-to for me.
- Carrots or veggies with hummus.
Some advice: I tend to steer clear of sugary drinks as well as snacks over 300 calories if I plan on eating a full meal at some point that day. I also drink a ton of water! I read that you should drink half of your body weight in fluid ounces of water. For example: if you weigh 150 pounds, you should drink at least 75 fl. ounces of water a day.